If you have seen Grey’s anatomy, you must be in a dreamy world that a nurse and a dreamy surgeon can take their relationship to the next level. However, it’s not that simple. Playing the game of Nurse and doctor was also one of the favorite pastimes of children. Nowadays, the relationship between nurse and doctors have changed. Love and work are intimately connected to each other. Before 50 years, it was not common to find doctors getting married to a nurse. The reason behind this is uneducated females. Today, most of the men and women are delaying marriage until the late twenties in order to achieved success in their career.
The epitome of hospital romance between the nurses and doctors looks like it came directly from the script of Grey’s anatomy. If you spend most of the time between the social circle of the hospital, you are mostly surrounded by the doctors and nurses. When the young physicians or surgeons are surrounded by colleagues and the other hospital staff, they form an important bond amongst them. So, it is likely for all the doctors and nurses to have a relationship with someone they spend a lot of time with.
THE BENEFITS OF A RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN A NURSE AND A DOCTOR
Some of the most obvious benefits of a romantic relationship between a doctor and a nurse are:
- Both of you are health professionals so you know what you’re going through.
- The partner understands the sleep deprivation, stress, guilt, the grief as well as the fear.
- Your partner understands your passion behind healing the patients and the strong desire to take care of other people.
- The partner also understands that their duty comes before this relationship.
- When both of you are health professionals, communication is easier. You cannot explain the medical complexities to the people outside the field of health.
- When you have shared experiences and same priorities, it is beneficial to develop a strong and long lasting marriage.
As stated above, there is a number of benefits when you choose a partner from the profession of healthcare. However, there are a few challenges as well.
- The doctors and nurses may communicate on the same level but they see their roles from different lenses. No one is right or wrong, they are just different. If you try to see each other from a different lens, you will realize that it’s a difficult task.
- The other challenge revolves around the balance between work and life. The providers of healthcare pour everything in their work. And at the end of the day, there’s very little left at the end of the day to put efforts in a relationship.
- Most of the time, the nurses enter into a relationship with the residents or Interns who have crazy hours of working, so the relationship can be tough. As a nurse, it’s difficult to coordinate the crazy hours of both of you.
- When a doctor starts dating with a nurse, it becomes everybody’s business in the hospitals, so the relationship can never be private. There are gossips all around which increases your pressure at work.
- The conversations between both of you can center only on the patients, diagnosis or the care of the patient. And you may never want to spoil your romantic dinners by talking about the bowel movements.
- There is no flexibility in the working schedule. Most of the times, you have to give up on your holidays and vacations and give topmost priority to the patients.