Dating a doctor may not be what you might think. While doctors lead noble lives in helping people become healthy there is a big price they pay in terms of their time, effort, and energy that makes this type of elite dating difficult. However, for those who want to date elite singles in the medical profession, there are many advantages to dating a doctor.
Why Dating a Doctor is Difficult
There are a number of reasons why dating a doctor can be difficult. In fact, you may understand why they either marry someone they know from high school or college or never get married at all.
- Time: The demands on a doctor’s time can be considerable, particularly if they work in a hospital or run a highly successful practice. Doctors can be on duty for 48 hours straight and even be on call to work with patients. This means that you may have very little practical time to date a doctor.
- Effort: It takes a great deal of dedication to be a doctor as they work with patients throughout their day. Those who work surgery or emergency rooms can log in many hours which drain them of their energy. By the time they get off work, many doctors are exhausted and may have little interest in doing more than going to bed or sleeping on the couch.
- Environment: Doctors work in an environment where their reputations are subject to public scrutiny. This means that doctors must be mindful of their conduct and they take care to associate with the people that will not harm their reputation. Of course, it’s not that a doctor cannot tear up the dance floor or perhaps enjoy a night out on the town, but in most cases doctors are rather conservative in nature when it comes to their personal activities.
Dating Tips for Seeking Elite Doctors
While this type of elite dating may sound daunting, the truth is that dating a doctor does offer many benefits for those who are mindful of their time, energy level, and environment that they have created for themselves.
- Be Mindful of their Time: When dating elite doctors, it is important to be mindful of the time they have to spend with you. This may mean dating at odd times during the week such as at a luncheon for example, but the rewards can be well worth it as doctors do make a considerable amount of money and can take substantial vacations.
- Keep in Touch: Because of their time commitment, you will probably be spending a lot of time text messaging, sending emails, or talking on the phone. Remember to stay in touch because this may be the only time you can share for days as they are at their work. You can use this time to set up your next date and keep up with each other.
- Have Fun: Most importantly when dating a doctor you should go out to have fun. Choose a fun adventure and enjoy yourselves because that is what elite dating is really all about.